Fresh off the needles is this vest. I knit it for no one in particular because it would use up small amounts of leftover skeins. It is 100% cotton and was a very simple knit. I made some changes to the front neckline as I wanted it to come up higher than the pattern called for.
I tried steam blocking since the pieces are straight and square and cotton. It worked fine for this but I'll still feel more comfortable doing the traditional wet blocking in the future. I can see that if I was in a hurry, say I needed something to be finished in time to gift (like the sweater for the baby shower from this book shown drying on the washing machine), steaming is the way to go.
Now it's time for my very favorite part... choosing the buttons. Of course my buttons of choice would be the wood ones my husband made. Oh yea. He didn't make any. (I hope he can take a hint)!
Joining Ginny's Yarn Along