Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, March 14, 2011

a gratifying project




I thought I'd just blast to the past for a moment.  Well, the not so distant past.  Christmas to be exact.  I wasn't blogging yet and thought I would share one of my bigger crafty undertakings of the season.












rubber stamps and black stamp pad

great fabric messages that I just cut up and appliqued to the pockets






pop star


My family is a bit girl heavy.  I did not say heavy girls, I said, "girl heavy".  Not just my immediate family but my extended family also.  I have one son and three daughters (a fourth waiting for me in Heaven).  I also have 5 nephews, 6 nieces and 2 great nieces.  I didn't make these for all of the girls, but I was able to check off a sizable length of my gift list with these gratitude wraps that I spotted over at Soule mama.  They were fun to make.  The directions were easy to follow.  And I think they turned out quite special.  I loved choosing the patterns and personalizing each one.  One of my nieces is in college.  The other is going to be a pop star.  I thought this was something they could use.  And maybe think of Auntie (not to mention, write to Auntie) while they are away...





All in all a very gratifying project, this gratitude wrap.


Blessings, Debbie

8 comments:

  1. What a neat gift idea. I saw these on SouleMama too but forgot about them.

    I just want to come back and say hello. Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving such an encouraging comment. I appreciate it.

    I also took a scroll through a few of your recent posts and saw your huge BUCKET of buttons... Girl~ I'm droo-ool-ing!!!!!!!!!

    Nice meeting you. I'll be back to visit here again soon, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful gifts. I wish I could sew...so many more gifts I could make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea! Great job! Stoppin in from Sew Can Do's party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift idea. I really love your choice in fabrics:).

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are super cute. I am sure the girls will get lots of use from them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been REALLY wanting to make some of these. I think I will have to try to make some this summer! Thanks for all inspiring pictures. [o=

    Blessings!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just noticed this on your sidebar. i so wanted to make them at the time but struggled with the bias tape bit. Maybe i used too much padding... Anyway, I think I will have another go now - these a beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...