Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, February 8, 2013

back on that horse



















There hasn't been much riding this winter.  Visiting and grooming, yes.  Erin had hoped to ride today but it began raining hard when we got to the pasture and didn't stop until she was just turning Bar out. It's time to get back into the swing of things once again.  Before we know it we will be back at the show ring and we certainly want a well practiced team.

My nephew is staying with us for a couple of days and while Alex and Uncle Larry are in the T.V. room watching I-Robot, I'm struggling in bad lighting to turn out some valentines..  I'd post a picture, but secrets and all you know.  Speaking of secrets, I want to let you in on one of mine.  When you're struggling with anything.. anything really, the absolute best way to overcome is with a bowl of Tillamook chocolate peanut butter ice cream.  Just thought you might need to know that.
*Of course I take it to you first Lord and you are my everything.  Thank You.  Thank you for reminding me that I have some wonderful ice cream in the freezer..  


Blessings,  Debbie

  

12 comments:

  1. My girls haven't ridden this winter either.

    There is a possibility of a ride on Sunday, but we aren't sure yet.

    Her horse is so cute!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are sooooooooooooooo peaceful to me this morning. I haven't been around horses in years, but when I was I loved it. Oh my...well if that is the answer then I need a big bowl of ice cream...thanks for telling me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos (as always) are such a visual treat! I was especially drawn to the ones of rain on the windshield.

    Tillamook chocolate peanut butter ice cream...have never seen it around here. So now what? I'll have to settle for a Starbucks Frappuccino. Oh, I suppose that's not exactly "settling"...they are the bomb! Whatever it takes, huh? :D

    (Computers...sigh...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about not being able to ride because of inclement weather but then maybe not too many were able to ride either.

    Beautiful photos of a lady and her horse.
    We are having a major snow storm in our area with blowing snow and high winds causing whiteouts.

    Stay dry and warm.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photographs. What magnificent animals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Marionberry Pie Tillamook is pretty tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the secret eh? I believe I will have to try that next time I'm feeling a bit frustrated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. God knows when we just need a little ice cream! And a horse ride....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ice cream ALWAYS does wonders. Great rainy, horsey pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow...especially the ice cream kind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures! I personally think that ice cream makes ALL things better too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL...ice cream doesn't last long in my freezer! Mmmm...Tillamook ice cream must just be the best! I am Canadian, and cannot acquire any of said novelty. I do shop across the line at Costco and know all about Tillamook cheddar...that's yummy stuff! Thanks for stopping by at *my place* the other day...it's lovely to *meet* you. And...your photos are beautiful. My girl would love to spend some time in your back yard. :)

    Blessings to you!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...