Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

heart in hand




I made a heart to keep and 6 to send away using this free pattern.  Each took me about an hour to knit and stuff so there's plenty of time for you to get a few done for Valentine's Day. The mitts are finished and I've started another pair using this free pattern.  What do people who don't knit do in the winter... I can't imagine such a thing!  :)

I've read about George Muller in the past and was so very moved that I was quite excited to find this book at the thrift store a few months ago.  Each chapter begins with a selection from Muller's own autobiography. The back reads:

  As a teenager, he was a liar, a gambler, an alcoholic, and a thief.  As a young adult, he was a skeptic, a seeker, and finally a believer in the God who changes lives.  As a man, he was a visionary, a prayer warrior, and a caregiver to more than ten thousand orphans who needed to know the love of Jesus Christ.

  George Muller's service to the people of Bristol, England, in the 1800's and his devout personal prayer life reflect the joy of believing in God's faithfulness.  Perhaps the most powerful part of his story is what it teaches us in practical ways about depending on God to meet every need we have.

This Valentine's Day Erin and Audrey will be on the other side of the mountain visiting their sister and brother; a week with Hillary since Monte is working in Alaska for a month and a long weekend with Cory.  So, who is going to decorate our Vday breakfast table?  Who is going to bake the Vday coffee cake?  Who will delight over my Vday heart shaped pizzas?  Who?  The house is relatively quiet and while I was eager for this little 'staycation', a week is too long.  I miss all of my kiddos terribly and look forward to Friday when Larry and I will join them for a few days and then bring Erin and Audrey home (where they belong :).

Wishing you all the love you deserve (or don't deserve as the case may be ;).  Remember there is one who loves you like no other and He delights in your acceptance of His unconditional love.  If you don't know Him, request a meeting.  It's as simple as asking.. He'll answer.

Blessings, Debbie        


14 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the little bit of sparkle in the mitts! Happy Valentine's Day:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debbie, your babies will be home soon. Many warm and loving hugs to you my dear friend.
    Hey, I made hearts too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mittens.. I wish I could knit but only crochet.. And it is not as nice...
    Have a lovely Valentines day,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. He will answer, indeed! Love this post, Debbie. :) Hope you enjoy your staycation, but totally get missing them while they're away... ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the site with the free tutorial for the little heart. It's just precious. I've bookmarked the page.
    The mitts are lovely but my fingers are always first to get cold because I have Raynauld syndrome so I need the full mitten but the pattern is lovely. I like the pattern around the wrists.

    The book about George Muller sounds interesting. God does meet our every need but we always want more.

    Sorry that your house will be almost empty for Valentine day but take it a a special time with your special Valentine. Happy valentine Day. Heart shape Pizza. Mmmmm
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally chortling over the question about what non-knitters do in the winter. I've never thought before. No idea. I've been knitting hearts too. Not useful ones like yours though. Love your mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those...

    Can't knit (have tried to crochet, but can't do that either.)...I just enjoy reading about people who do.. and seeing what they come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry you are missing the kids but I'm sure glad you do get to see them!! love the hearts and the idea of mailing them out, what a delightful gift to receive!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This touches me exactly where I need it. I am a bit melancholy at the moment and two pieces of habanero cheese hasn't fixed the problem. I am thinking ahead to summer and realized that my oldest won't be in VBS this summer - it makes me very, very sad. They grow far too fast - I know they can't stay young forever but at the moment, I feel like I wasn't appreciating the moments I had enough. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love those mittens I do not knit but wish I had of learned now. I do find lots to keep me occupied though:)
    I am sure you will miss the kids I know I miss my girls lot and they do not live here anymore. They are happy so I am happy but still miss them,
    Have fun away. B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, found you on my daughter-in-laws blog. Someone who shops thrift-stores, married almost as long as we are, and first and foremost a fellow-believer. Nice to meet you. I will check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet! Happy Valentine's Day, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty gloves! I enjoyed your pics from last Valentine's day.
    I know you miss your children, but isn't it neat that they go visit their siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What precious hearts! I love your knitting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...