Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

something pink



I've cast on a little something pink for an upcoming baby shower (close your eyes Hillary, don't follow the link!).  This pattern has been living in my knitting notebook for over a year now just waiting for the right moment to jump to attention.  It's supposed to fit a 3 month old and I am hopeful since Charlotte will be 3 months in September/October, just about the time a little something is needed when the evenings begin to cool.  I am using more of the same thrifted Dreamincolor yarn that I used to make this dress. 

Still poking my way through George Muller of Bristol by Arthur Pierson.  I can only take it in very small doses because after only a paragraph or two I'm jotting in my notebook, then praying, then closing the book because I want to spend the day meditating on what I've read.

Home-making by J.R. Miller (available on Kindle) is another such read that is getting my attention right now. While originally published in 1882 it is filled with timeless truths that also have me reading small snippets and then closing the book for the day, that I may ponder.  As I write about these two old books and the goodness within I am reminded of Jeremiah 6:16 ~ This is what the Lord says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls...

Joining Ginny's Yarn Along
Blessings, Debbie


28 comments:

  1. That little sweater will be adorable! I love the flower detail on the bottom:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, pink knitting is very rewarding :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that pattern is darling and it will look fabulous in that pink. Such a blessing to have baby knits on the needles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that little Maile is going to be beautiful, Debbie!! such a beautiful color, too!

    Amen and amen. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to learn to read like that. To stop and ponder before plowing on. I'm afraid you won't ever be able to teach me to knit like you, but I do believe you can teach me to read like you.....thanks! Love, d.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect words. Ancient paths. LOVE.
    Oh, that is the most darling little bit of knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little pink sweater will make a sweet gift for your little granddaughter. I like how you take your time to ponder what you read and make notes. It's like savouring a good piece of dark chocolate. A little goes a long way...
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! A little granddaughter! How exciting! Personally,I think it's a lot more fun to knit and sew for little girls than it is for little boys. Congratulations again.

    PS: Love the name Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  9. grandma knits are the funnest, I think. :) Homemaking is an excellent read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone is going to look really pretty in pink -- with love in every stitch. Hope you share the finished outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness, your little something pink is PERFECT! happy dance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely pink! I heard mixed reviews on the Maile sweater... some people had a lot of trouble with it so I decided to avoid it for now. Let me know how it goes for you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh to have a precious new one to knit for, the sweater is going to be darling. now that is something i do wish for in my life debbie! i know it will happen, my five all want babies someday, must be patient though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous little sweater! Thank you for mentioning that the book is available on Kindle:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet little sweater that will be. And I love the name Charlotte! So beautiful and classic. We just read about George Muller in school, and I think his story is incredible and I pray my spiritual life would be like his. I will have to request the home-making book from the library. It sounds wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful pink yarn! Perfect for a baby girl! I have had that pattern in my favorites for a while now and sadly won't get to it before my littlest is too big for it - too many other projects!

    I will have to bookmark the Homemaking book, I love good reads like that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet, sweet, sweet!!! Love that soft pale pink.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to seeing the final baby knit completed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Always love seeing what others are reading, just added your books to my wish list :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, what a deliciously pink and tiny project you have there on your needles! You are getting me excited...and if I'm excited, what must you be?! I can smell that sweet baby smell now, can't you?

    I read the George Muller book years ago, and it challenged me on a deep level. Maybe it's time to pull it off the shelf again... I own the other title too, but have not read it...yet.

    (I love your gardening secret! Ingenious!) =D

    Happy baby waiting! {{Hugs}} to you...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that itty bit of pink.
    I love books that make me stop and think and pray.
    Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful shade of pink. And I love the pattern. Grandchildren is why I decided I needed to learn to knit! Three grandsons and one granddaughter, all under five. What a joy, what a blessing! God bless! ~ paula

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the something pink that you are knitting. It will be beautiful. I really have enjoyed J.R. Miller. He taught me lots of things when my kids were growing up. I am so thankful I followed his advice.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty, something in pink.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the floral design in the piece you have already knitted. It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Charlotte! What a precious name!

    You are going to be an awesome grandmother.

    Beautiful knitting Debbie!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a pretty knitting pattern and color. Can't wait to see the finished project. Congrats on the new baby too. :) We are in the mid-Willamette valley, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...