Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, March 17, 2014

greetings from Oregon









We had a few beautiful, shiny, mylar balloons left after giving Taren (our future daughter-in-law/Sister-in-law) her bridal shower a couple of weeks ago.  Can you believe that they were still dancing across the ceiling.  I thought, "Certainly balloons that have shown this much fortitude deserve a further purpose!"  So, Erin wrote simple but thoughtful messages on them and together we recorded their departure.  Now they are drifting over Oregon through the white-skiffed azure looking for you my friend. Please let me know if one of them makes it to you. I figure with three of them out there the odds are good! ;)

Blessings, Debbie

11 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear from you, Debbie! I bet the messages will be just right for the just right recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,

    That's a fun thing to do! I miss your blogging, friend. When is the wedding? I hope you'll post photos!

    Charlotte must be getting big, too.

    Love to the family!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to see you in this space Debbie, you've been missed.
    A new member of the family? How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you think any of them will get to Connecticut? I've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun. And what a pretty future DIL. Now that I take a look at your family pictures again she certainly looks like one of you guys. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow... I feel like I should like to be one of the happy recipients.. thank you!, in advance! :)

    Good to hear from you and congrats on the "news" in your family. You have been busy...eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching for one of them in Indiana! So good to see you here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be fun to see if you hear from someone.
    Happy St Patrick's Day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there! I'm glad you popped in to say "hi". :) I will be searching the skies for your sign!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be watching for balloons. You'd be amazed at how many mylar balloons we find out in the pastures. When's the wedding?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...