Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Saturday, March 5, 2011

awakening



It's almost here.  I can hear it in the morning.  A familiar trilling, awakening a not so distant memory.  Was it really a year ago that I experienced these same thoughts?  I actually remember them ( I'm feeling a bit smug about that) and relish the delicious stirring I feel at just the mere thought of it.  Spring!  




It may not seem evident by the arctic gusts that blast me to and from my car as I run my girls hither and yon.  Nor by the natural gas bill that refuses to do the obligatory spring drop.







But, It's getting light a little earlier, and dark a little later.  




I'm definitely feeling that sense of restlessness...




that sends a woman straight to the utility closet on a flamboyant mission...




to eradicate the telltale signs of a house that has been too long snugged for the winter.  



Yes, spring.  I'm ready.


Blessings,  Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Oh so true. We're so sick of all these rainy, yucky days over here. If it's going to be winter it might as well snow. If it's going to be spring let it be sunny for longer then 1/2 a day. Enough of all this in-between stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...