Today is a very special day. Today is the day my goofy, gorgeous, dreamy, talented, helpful, treasured bookworm turns 16!
And so I have compiled a list I so cleverly call:
SIXTEEN THINGS TO LOVE ABOUT ERIN
1. The way she holds her mouth like a closed o when she is drawing.2. The way she harmonizes when she and her sister belt out songs while doing the dishes.
3. The way you can't get her to sing at church at all.
4. The way she loves on our animals (whether they like it or not).
5. The way she transforms into Betty Crocker just by putting on her apron.
6. The way she has always been in character since she was old enough for dress up.
7. The way she spoils her siblings (and hints for them to spoil her back).
8. The way she is such a crazy mixture of her father and I.
9. The way she still gets nervous about using the telephone.
10. The way she still manages to get food on her face when she eats.
11. The way she manages to get food everywhere when she is cooking.
12. The way she still loves 'pink blankie' (though she no longer asks me to make tiny pancakes for her).
13. The way she fusses over setting a table.
14. The way she will find any excuse for a fussy table.
15. The way she makes me feel, without words.
16. The fact that she is not embarrassed to tell me how she feels, with words.
Her Father and I named her Erin because it means Peaceful. She was the best baby. Peaceful and content. Now that she is a lady, our prayer for her is that as she carries her name with its meaning into adulthood, she will share her good gifts with whoever the Lord brings into her life. What a blessing she will be to her husband and children!
I have to add one more to the list...
16+. The way she blushes.
Happy Birthday sweetie.