Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

the light parade







So, we baked, dipped, wrapped and tagged until 1:00 am Saturday morning.  Everything had to be fresh you know.  We were at the school selling our wares from 8:30 until closing at 4:00.  This is where things got a bit glitchy.  We still had tear down but Erin and Audrey had to be on a float downtown by 4:30 bundled up and looking gorgeous as they would portray two of the 5 Victorian carolers on our fellowships 'Jesus ~ the same yesterday, today and forever' float in the cities Christmas light parade.  Thankfully my sister happened to show up at a quarter to 4:00 so I sent the girls with her to get ready.  Larry would be driving the float, so he could take over from there.  That left Hillary and I loading 2 booths ourselves and then trying to get to our designated meeting spot across from the courthouse before 5:00.  There we met up with family and friends.

I got these interesting, funky shutter speed shots of my niece on the dance float, some angel friends carrying the banner, and our crew waiting to see it all.  What I didn't get because by this time it was absolutely too dark, was a discernible picture of my lovelies donning their muffs and singing alongside their friend on their glittering float.  It was cold, and hectic, and magical...  Have I mentioned that I love this time of year?


Blessings, Debbie

23 comments:

  1. My, you have all been busy... I have to agree with you-this is a magical time of year. Thank you for sharing this with us, Debbie. Maa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually CAN feel the magic...(and the cold and the hectic)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are getting every last drop of joyful living out of your days!! LOL! Get a little rest along the way... blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the lingering light photos...the angels especially...it all does look magical. Isn't amazing that you can see the magic and share it with us, just because you see it! What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might have mentioned it a time or two!

    Our town doesn't have a light parade. I would love to go to one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Debbie! It sounds absolutely charming! I sense your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we did a light parade here, but nope, just a plain ol' day one.
    Yes, it is a fun time isn't it and it looks like you are enjoying every minute of it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like such a joyful time in your busyness . You are making great memories. You are all really hard workers to get all this done. Wishing you the joy of the season. JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can see why you love this time of year Debbie! That parade sounds like so much fun. The world needs more Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I wish you had photos of your girls in their Victorian outfits!

    You're having entirely too much fun, this Christmas season! So am I!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all sounds so very wonderful, I love the lights of the season! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds crazy, but so much fun! I like the blurry shots. It makes it seem like I'm there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can tell that you love this season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the action light shots. Here they come, there they go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Debbie! So, I was wondering, do you like this time of year? Ha! I just read over your past several posts. Sounds like you are having fun and busy times. I love the quilted heart ornaments you made. And marshmallows on skewers -- my kids would love doing that. Happy holidays. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like fun, Debbie. Great photos. I am sure your treats were special too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pictures! Sounds like a great weekend, with lots of fun celebrations of Christmas! The courthouse in the first picture is gorgeous! Love those old buildings! Our parade is on Saturday, and for the first time in years, no rain is in the forecast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the first picture, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Night time parades are the best! The city near us does a Christmas one every year. I think it was this past Saturday too.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this time of year too! I feel like I'm running around on tippy toes, going from one thing to the next, but, oh, it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love sweet hometown light parades! We ended up not going to ours this year. It was a little chilly for little Sophie. We did end up spending much of the daytime wandering downtown though. So that was a lot of fun!

    Your photos are lovely to look at, as always!!

    Blessings for a continued merry Christmastime!!

    xoxo...Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, I would have been lying on the side of the road in a coma, while my daughters floated by. Glad you survied the day and got the pictures you did xoxo Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your life memories will be so full of beautiful celebrations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...