Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Thursday, October 11, 2012

look what the cat brought in


 


I'm needing tissues again.  What on earth is wrong with me?  Just when I think I've got it all together there's a knock at the door and our school pictures are placed in my hand.  That I can handle.  Every year Mr. Smoke smiles nicely at me and as he turns to walk away he clucks, "they turned out great"!  The girls nervously say, "he always says that".  Ah, but he's always right!

We check out the new photo which always bring a grin.  No, not crying yet.  The tears come after I open the back of the picture frame and remove the stack from years past...  We began keeping them this way in 2004.  

Hormones?  I'm telling you young ladies out there... you just have no idea.  






Blessings, Debbie

18 comments:

  1. Isn't it odd that pictures and the memories they summon can bring both tears and smiles - at the same time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do have such a beautiful family Debbie, inside and out.

    So, the hormone roller coaster is certainly a bumpy ride isn't it? I can't believe how easily I can cry now and over silly stuff. I finally decided to take the meds the doctor's wanted so at least once in awhile I sleep, but then I wake to a body I don't recognize. I am ready for this ride to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! Time marches on and when babies start coming, a HUGE shift occurs!
    WHAT gorgeous children you have, Debbie! Those smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a mom thing. Embrace the tears along with the beautiful family. Your children are lovely! And the photos turned out just right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice group of photos, and beautiful kids. Yep It is bad with these hormones. I keep hoping this will soon pass. :) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - school pictures home school style are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is a tissue to dry those tears. That hormone stuff is powerful stuff and sometimes it gets the best and sometimes it gets the worst in us women.
    We all go through that and it's like a right to passage.

    Your girls are so beautiful and your son is handsome. Great school pictures. Yep, they turned out great.

    Have a great day. Hugs.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it irritating when your hormones take over and you just can't control some things? But I do stay warm at nights now! Gotta look at the bright side.
    Some of those photos when the two youngest were really little...before I started following you...wow! All so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing wrong with crying at your kids pictures! I cry at mine all the time, and I'm not hormonal (much) right now! Your kids are so pretty/handsome! Very nice pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww...those photos are just wonderful and the subjects are beautiful. Don't be crying now, unless they are tears of thanksgiving for work coming to fruition. They look so cute munching their cookies and looking them over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait till they all move out and then take out those pictures and have a good cry! Don't be hard on yourself Debbie, one day you'll feel 'normal' again. Trust me. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie,
    I do the same thing. Keep the old photos behind the new one. It's a great idea.
    The pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures of beautiful people!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They would make me cry too beautiful photos but you know things are changing.B

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos of some beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have several of these wonderful pictures, but looking at yours I think I might be missing some...looking forward to this years Christmas card :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. such great photos and so neat that you can look back on all the goodness of the Lord! I totally get the crying...it's part of being a mama!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...