After frogging the EZ bunting that has been on my needles for over a year, I found myself with a mountain of beautifully thick and thin 'ramen noodles'... you froggers out there know what I'm talking about. The bunting was taking more yarn than I was wanting to spin (already over 1/2 a pound had been spun, plied, skeined and knit) and still I was only about half done with the project.
So, I made the decision to pull it apart and find another use for the yarn. This free pattern is for a size 1 and calls for dk weight yarn and size 9 needles. I've made it twice in the past, never using the recommended yarn and winding up with about a size 6 mo. and a size 1 respectively. Using this bulky handspun and size 10 needles I have here a lovely 4ish? I took these pictures the other day and it's actually blocking right now. I just need to sew the buttons on (they are just laying there in the photo) and it's ready to wear.
I thought I'd mention a couple of thing that I did in addition to what the pattern called for. I put in pockets according to the directions for EZ's Tomten as found in her book and I crocheted around the arm openings for a strong, tidy finish. I'll submit pictures of it completely finished later this week.
I'm reading the Ragamuffin Gospel. I was familiar with the title so when I found it at the local thrift I put it in my basket. I'm only a couple of chapters in so the jury is still out. Brennan Manning has made a few really good points but I'm not sure where he is headed yet. Forward by Michael W. Smith and testimony by Rich Mullins is a good endorsement so I'm eager to get to the meat of the message.